[FLASH-USERS] Laser heated target

t_schlegel at t-online.de t_schlegel at t-online.de
Wed Aug 22 08:27:34 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I am going to simulate a problem with a laser heated foil (say aluminum)
with expanding plasma from its back
towards another target (say a gas jet). Both targets are separated by
low-density gas (e.g. helium, like in the Laserslab
example). The laser is coming almost normally to the front side of the
aluminum foil (or another metal).
So far, I was preparing the atomic data (EOS, opacities). Now, I would like
to get some primary help in setting up the
geometric parameters of the simulation. The laser part I can take from the
mentioned example case.
How should I define correctly the case of more than two species and their
positions?
Probably, it makes sense to start in 1D. Later, the 2D geometry and the MHD
option can be applied.

Thanks in advance

Theo