[FLASH-USERS] Changing number of processors on restart and Driver_setupParallelEnv

Joshua Wall joshua.e.wall at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 12:15:12 EST 2018

Hello all,

    I'm currently experiencing a hang when calling MPI_Comm_Split in
Driver_setupParallelEnv on a restart of a checkpoint file (the first call
to get dr_meshComm). I am changing (increasing actually) the number of
processors on this restart, since the code overran the maxblocks number
during its AMR in this run. I suspect this has something to do with this
crash.

   So two questions,
    1) is there a straightforward way to sort this out? I couldn't find
anything in the mailing list archive or
    2) if not, can I safely just set all of the comms to be equal to
dr_globalComm? I can't seem to find any code via a grep that uses the comms
set up in this routine (dr_meshComm, dr_meshAcrossComm, dr_axisComm).

Cordially,

Joshua Wall

Doctoral Candidate
Department of Physics