[FLASH-USERS] Setup failure on linux

Jason Galyardt jason.galyardt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 12:40:53 EST 2018

This is a Python 3 error: some of the lines in setup.py use spaces for
indentation, while other lines use tabs. Try using Python 2.7 instead of
Python 3.x and see if it goes away. A virtual environment such as pipenv
can help with this without requiring administrator priveleges.

Going forward, the FLASH Python scripts will need to be updated for Python
3. A good linter such as pylint can help spot these problems. The linter
should interface with your Python IDE; I know for sure that this works with
the freely available Microsoft Visual Studio Code, but it should work with
anything from Emacs to Atom.

Cheers,

Jason