[FLASH-USERS] laser driven cylindrical implosions

jkline35 at gmail.com jkline35 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 00:52:56 EST 2018

I have been able to generate 2D laser driven cylindrical implosion in both RZ and RTheta geometries. However, these simulation take awhile to run and are not good for scoping studies. I can’t figure out how to run a 1D cylindrical implosion with the laser package. The energy deposition unit does not like the 1D cylindrical geometry with my input deck. Is it possible to run a cylindrical implosion in 1D or do a have to make a 3D wedge with a uniform wedge grid and set the transverse direction to periodic boundary conditions?

Thanks,

John