[FLASH-USERS] Sedov problem error

Scott Feister sfeister at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:04:25 EST 2018

Hi Sai,

>From your error message, it looks like you may not have configured FLASH
for your specific computing environment. When you run "make", it appears to
be looking for a local installation of MPI ("mpich"), the parallel
messaging system used to allow multiple processors and compute nodes to
collaborate in executing high-performance codes like FLASH.

Did you create a site-specific Makefile for your cluster (in the "sites"
directory of the FLASH source code) before calling setup? In that Makefile,
do you point to your computer or computing cluster's MPI library paths? If
you're not sure what all this means, check out the Makefile setup section
of the FLASH user guide: http://flash.uchicago.edu/
site/flashcode/user_support/flash4_ug_4p5/node36.html#Sec:SetupMakefile

Best,

Scott

Scott Feister, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Flash Center for Computational Science
University of Chicago, Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics