[FLASH-USERS] laser question

John Kline jkline35 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 13:24:35 EST 2018

I would like to run both 1D and 2D cylindrical implosions in essentially the
R-Theta geometry. This is essentially polar geometry in Flash. The 1D
geometry is to enable scoping calculations to speed up the design process. I
can get the laser to work with a reflecting boundary condition in 1D, but
the energy deposition model claims 1D Polar, cylindrical, or spherical is
not supported. I want to capture the physics in the cylindrical implosion
geometry so the 1D solution is not what I need.  Is there a simple way to
fix this?  Can I do a 3D in 2D setup with zero wedge angle to get this to
work? For 2D, polar geometry would be best suited for R-Theta geometry. Is
it possible to make this work, or will I have to setup a 3D simulation with
zero Z extent or make the simulation work in cartesian geometry?

john