[FLASH-USERS] How to write nonstandard variables to Plotfiles

Gao-Yuan Zhang gao-yuan.zhang at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 25 17:50:30 EST 2018

Hi all,

I am dealing with multiple species in FLASH code. The species’ mass fractions are defined in initialisation:

        solnData(SPECIES_BEGIN+1:SPECIES_END,i,j,k)=sim_smallX

Now I am using checkpoint files to show the results of the species. But the checkpoint files are too large with redundant information when the number of cells increases. Is it possible to write them to plot files? In user guid and some previous emails, I can only find how to save some standard variables with names (dens, temp etc.).

Thanks,
Gao-Yuan

Gao-Yuan ZHANG

B-306A, 60 Garden St., Cambridge, MA 02138
Tel: +1 617-460-2489; Skype: zgy0106
Email: zgy0106 at gmail.com
Email: gao-yuan.zhang at cfa.harvard.edu