[FLASH-USERS] LaserSlab data

Scott Feister sfeister at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 12:28:18 EDT 2018

Hi Bella,

You do not need Spect3D for that info. Electron temperature and electron
number density can be visualized in VisIt or yt from a FLASH hdf5 output
checkpoint or plotfile. For electron temperature, the relevant FLASH output
variable is "tele". For electron density, you'll need to compute it from
FLASH output variables "dens" and "ye  ".

Electron temperature (K) = "tele"
Electron density (electrons/cm^3) = "dens" * "ye  " * 6.022e23

In VisIt, you'll want to use the "Expression editor" (Controls ->
Expression editor) to define a new scalar variable for electron density.
<ye  > * dens * 6.022E23

Best,

Scott

Scott Feister, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Flash Center for Computational Science
University of Chicago, Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics