[FLASH-USERS] Two sedov explosions

Ian Padilla ia6400pa-s at student.lu.se
Mon Jun 11 17:16:06 EDT 2018

Dear all,

I’m working on two identical Sedov explosions centered at x=0.3 and x=0.8, respectively, in a [1,1,1] domain box.  I’d like one of them to start later than the other and I’m looking for advise on how to delay the evolution of one of them.

Here what I’ve done so far:

I have set Simulation_initBlock to initialize both explosions. Naively one can “pause” the evolution of BOTH explosions by writing an if-stament in Driver_evolveFlash:

	if( (dr_simTime .ge. 0.0 .and. dr_simTime < 0.01) .or. (dr_simTime .ge. 0.05) ) then
		 call Timers_start("Hydro”)
		 call Hydro(blockCount, blockList,
			 & dr_simTime, dr_dt, dr_dtOld, sweepDummy)
		 call Timers_stop("Hydro”)
		 call Driver_driftUnk(__FILE__,__LINE__,driftUnk_flags)
	 end if

Since I’d like to stop the evolution of only ONE explosion (please correct me if I’m mistaken) one solution is to identify (inside Driver_evolveFlash) the blocks with center < 0.5 (using Grid_getBlkCenterCoords(blockId, blockCenter)) and remove them from the blockList array that then is passed to Hydro sequence, so that only blocks belonging to the explosion at x = 0.8 get updated in the hydro unit.

I’m not sure this is the best way of doing it. I'd be very grateful if you had any tips on this.

Thanks in advance,

Ian Padilla
Lund University