[FLASH-USERS] flmake and python 3.x

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 29 11:24:58 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I know that flmake is not supported anymore. I started using it before I
knew that and have found it so useful that I still use it, though I expect
that not many do. In any case, I'd like to continue to use it at least for
now.  The problem I'm running into is that I'm switching from python 2.7 to
python 3.6 and flmake is not compatible with python 3. I've run 2to3 on the
routines under tools/python and made some additional changes recommended,
but it still doesn't work.  So my question is: has anyone successfully
ported flmake to python 3.x?

Thanks,
Jon