[FLASH-USERS] CHOMBO

g.granda at irya.unam.mx g.granda at irya.unam.mx
Wed Mar 7 11:19:08 EST 2018

Hello,

I am following the installation guide of FLASH 4.5, and It requires the
installation of CHOMBO to use it as AMR. THe user guide shows this link:
https://seesar.lbl.gov/anag/chombo. However, that link is not working
anymore. An alternative is installing CHOMBO using the following link:
https://commons.lbl.gov/display/chombo/Chombo+-+Software+for+Adaptive+Solutions+of+Partial+Differential+Equations
. However, using that installation procedure requires subversion,
subversion requires apr, apr-util, SQLite, libz , ..... And things get
messy. So, I wonder what is the advantage of using CHOMBO, because as I
understood Flash Uses PARAMESH as the default AMR code.

Kind Regards,