[FLASH-USERS] Problem with Grid_bcApplyToRegion.F90 file

María Fernanda Clever Uribe clever_fisica at ciencias.unam.mx
Tue Mar 20 23:44:54 EDT 2018

 Hi everyone;

I am trying to setup a boundary condition of a relativistic jet being
ejected from a specific region of one of the boundaries, but I have not
being able to get it running properly.

I found an example of Grid_bcApplyToEdge.F90 to specify the boundary
conditions that I customized later, but it doesn't seem to work. In the
config file I am using:

REQUIRES Grid/GridBoundaryConditions
REQUIRES Driver
REQUIRES physics/Hydro/HydroMain/split/RHD
REQUIRES physics/Eos/EosMain/Gamma/RHD

I also found an example of Grid_bcApplyToRegion.F90 and I thought that this
could be the file I have to use instead of Grid_bcApplyToEdge.F90, because
I want my boundary conditions to be only in the left corner of my domain. I
took the example of this file from the Grid directory and I customized it.
I wrote a restriction over -X boundary where the jet has to be ejected, but
I get a blast wave in all the cells in Y axis. I attached a picture of my
results and also the file that I'm using.

I wrote a condition using the i index that runs [1,guard] but this doesn't
change the problem. Do you know if I have to set another file to select
only some cells in my domain?

Thanks!

C.