[FLASH-USERS] Problem with Grid_bcApplyToRegion.F90 file

María Fernanda Clever Uribe clever_fisica at ciencias.unam.mx
Thu Mar 22 21:41:34 EDT 2018

Hi,

I tried Klaus' recommendation about the j index but I still don't get what
I wish for.

At the moment, following the Grid_bcApplyToRegionSpecialized.F90 boundary
condition from de ShuOsher problem, I am able to inject a wind but from all
the boundary, and I am not able to only inject the wind from a small region.

In the Grid_bcApplyToRegionSpecialized.F90 I don’t understand how I can
limit the condition to only a small part of the boundary. The counter i
goes from 1 to guard (where guard=4), and the counter j goes from 1 to je
(where je=4).

  je=regionSize(SECOND_DIR)

  ke=regionSize(THIRD_DIR)

              do i = 1,guard

                 do j=1,je

                    if (gridDataStruct==CENTER) then

                       if (ivar == DENS_VAR) regionData(i,j,1:ke,ivar) =
sim_rho

                       if (ivar == VELX_VAR) regionData(i,j,1:ke,ivar) = 0.

                       if (ivar == VELY_VAR) regionData(i,j,1:ke,ivar) =
 sim_v

                       if (ivar == VELZ_VAR) regionData(i,j,1:ke,ivar) = 0.

                       if (ivar == PRES_VAR) regionData(i,j,1:ke,ivar) =
sim_p

                       if (ivar == GAMC_VAR) regionData(i,j,1:ke,ivar) =
sim_gamma

                       if (ivar == GAME_VAR) regionData(i,j,1:ke,ivar) =
sim_gamma

                    endif

                 end do

              end do

Do I have to replace the regionSize defined in the Grid file and use
blkLimitsGC instead, or maybe use endPoints?

Or can I limit the region of the wind-injection boundary by setting some
specific parameter in the user_bnd.F90 and flash.par (something like
endPoints=?, or maybe regionSize=?).

Could anyone help me, or explain me how these arguments work in order for
me to solve this issue?

Thanks!

C.