[FLASH-USERS] noisiness in run with high ekin/eint

yueh wang cw5b at msn.com
Fri Mar 30 21:28:16 EDT 2018

Jon,
I forgot to say;
V=r/t, and Rho =  r^(-n)* t^(-3) for the power-law ejecta. You need to have a non-zero starting time.
Given the time, V is just proportional to r.
The built-in BC won't work for SNR simulations.
Hope this help.
- Yueh

Jon,

The free expansion ejecta must have a velocity profile V=R/T.
Your inner BC is NOT placed at zero, which is good. Inside the inner BC, i.e. the inn ner ghostzones, you still need to set up the velocity and density profile so that the flow satisfies the free expansion. If the free expansion is not satisfied, the flow will first clash at the inner boundary, and the numbers (pressure and density) may eventually run 'wild.'

1-D spherical POLAR symmetry: don't use theta near 0 (the pole). Try theta (th) at theta=pi/2 (equator) and a reasonably small delta theta (dth).

I think some trials and errors on the BC (and IC) would help in this cases.

-Yueh