[FLASH-USERS] FLASH Scaling Data

Jason Galyardt jason.galyardt at gmail.com
Sun May 6 23:04:48 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm working on an proposal for a compute time allocation at a major cluster
facility. The proposal guidelines request quantitative evidence concerning
the parallel performance, stability, and scalability of FLASH. Network and
I/O bandwidth benchmarks are also requested. I realize that there is quite
a bit of variability in these performance metrics according to the
particular simulation, physics included, solver used, etc. However, I have
seen some old (FLASH 2 era) scalability studies; how extensible are such
studies? Is it necessary to profile one's own simulation for such
proposals? If so, are there any recommended profiling tools / procedures,
aside from those included in FLASH?

Thanks,

Jason