[FLASH-USERS] Timer runs out of space

Joshua Wall joshua.e.wall at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 14:30:03 EDT 2018

Hello FLASH users,

I'm attempting to track down a strange occurrence in one of my runs (using
FLASH 4.2.2), where I get the following error related to timing of the
multigrid solver:

    6043  perfmon: ran out of space for timer, "gr_hgBndry", cannot time
this timer with perfmon
    6044  perfmon: ran out of space for timer, "work copy", cannot time
this timer with perfmon
    6045  perfmon: ran out of space for timer, "gr_hgGuardCell", cannot
time this timer with perfmon

I was initially suspecting that I actually was running out of RAM, since
this started happening after I went to using +cube16 for my runs. But
running on nodes with more RAM, decreasing maxblocks by a factor of 8,
and/or spreading the run out across more nodes hasn't solved this for me.
Is anyone familiar with this error and its possible causes?

Thanks,

Josh Wall
Drexel U.

--