[FLASH-USERS] How to put other variables into the output files

zdy0903 zdy0903 at stu.xjtu.edu.cn
Sun Apr 21 09:03:54 EDT 2019

Hi!

  Usually, the output files of FLASH are the database of some variables like "dens", "temp", "pres". We can check it by importing the database to VISIT. However, what should I do if I want to put other variables into the database of output files. For example, if I want to see the thermal conduction data in LaserSlab simulation during the entire process, what should I do?

  It seems that there is a plot options in flash.par just like

### Plot Options ###
plotFileNumber       = 0
plotFileIntervalStep = 100
plotFileIntervalTime = 0.01e-09
plot_var_1           = "dens"
plot_var_2           = "depo"
plot_var_3           = "tele"
plot_var_4           = "tion"
plot_var_5           = "trad"
plot_var_6           = "ye  "
plot_var_7           = "sumy"
plot_var_8           = "cham"
plot_var_9           = "targ"
  I set a new plot_var_10 = "cond".(conduction) But it seems that it does not work? What else should I do?

  Thank you very much!

Zhang