[FLASH-USERS] Symbol ‘cond_var’ at (1) has no IMPLICIT type

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 16 11:20:35 EDT 2019

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019, wangguicai wrote:

> Hello flash users,
>     I'm new to Flash and I am trying to run the LaserSLab example as
> described in flash_ug_devel.pdf,However, I get the following error
> message, I don't know what's wrong. In addition, I have run the Sedov
> example without any problem. Any advice?

1) If you are working in an object directory where you have set up and
compiled other simulations (like Sedov) before, or if you have changed
some aspect of the configuration, make sure you don't have any stale
files in your object directory (for example .o files, generated .h files,
etc.). Normally running ./setup takes care of that automatically, but it
may help to run it again and/or to run 'make clean'.

2) It looks like COND_VAR is not defined when you compile the source file
RadTrans.F90. Either the Flash.h does not contain a definition of COND_VAR
as it should for your setup (a), or RadTrans.F90 does not '#include'
Flash.h (b). I guess it's case (a). Make sure your setup command is
correct.

Flash.h is generated when your run setup. Most likely your setup command
line did not include all the flags and options that are needed in order to
pull in the right code units and directories.

3) Information from your runs (or error messages etc.) is easier to
process if you include it in e-mail in text form (maybe as attachments),
instead of screen shots.