[FLASH-USERS] Computing Radiation Timestep with Multitype Configuration

Keith Galvin kjg0886 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 08:00:59 EST 2019

Klaus,

It's failing in the actual Eos routine.  I can trace the abort message that
you see in the log below back to ../multiTemp/Multitype/Eos.F90.  It's
being given input of mode MODE_DENS_ TEMP_ELE when it's called in
rt_computeDt.F90.  The select case statement which starts on line 495
doesn't have a case specification for that mode, so it goes to the default
case which aborts.

*Setup command line*:
./setup Burst_Rad -auto -1d -nxb=10 +spherical +mtmmmt +mgd +uhd3t
mgd_meshgroups=6 species=air

*Relevant units to my question*:
Multispecies/MultispeciesMain
physics/Diffuse/DiffuseMain/Unsplit
physics/Diffuse/localAPI
physics/Eos/EosMain/Tabulated/Hdf5TableRead
physics/Eos/EosMain/multiTemp/Gamma/Ye
physics/Eos/EosMain/multiTemp/Multitype
physics/Eos/localAPI
physics/Hydro/HydroMain/unsplit/Hydro_Unsplit
physics/Hydro/HydroMain/unsplit/multiTemp
physics/Hydro/localAPI
physics/RadTrans/RadTransMain/MGD
physics/RadTrans/localAPI
physics/materialProperties/Opacity/OpacityMain/Multispecies/method/Constcm2g
physics/materialProperties/Opacity/localAPI

*Relevant flash.par flags*:
# EoS parameters (nitrogen)
ms_airA = 14.0067
ms_airZ = 7.0
eos_airEosType = "eos_gam"

# Diffusion parameters
useDiffuse = .true.

# Radiation (multi-group diffusion) parameters
useRadTrans = .true.
rt_useMGD = .true.
rt_mgdNumGroups = 6
rt_mgdBounds_1 = 0.000000e+00
rt_mgdBounds_2 = 9.992797e-01
rt_mgdBounds_3 = 9.992797e+00
rt_mgdBounds_4 = 9.992797e+01
rt_mgdBounds_5 = 9.992797e+02
rt_mgdBounds_6 = 9.992797e+03
rt_mgdBounds_7 = 9.992797e+04
rt_mgdFlMode = "fl_levermorepomraning1981"
rt_computeDt = .true.

# Opacity parameters (general)
useOpacity      = .true.

# Opacity parameters (air)
op_airAbsorb = "op_constcm2g"
op_airEmiss = "op_constcm2g"
op_airTrans = "op_constcm2g"
op_airAbsorbConstant = 1.e-1
op_airEmissConstant = 1.e-1
op_airTransConstant = 1.e-1

# Heat exchange parameters
useHeatexchange = .false.

*Error message from log*:
[ 12-11-2019  07:47:52.744 ] [Driver_evolveFlash]: Entering evolution loop
 [ 12-11-2019  07:47:52.744 ] step: n=1 t=0.000000E+00 dt=1.000000E-15
 [ 12-11-2019  07:47:52.824 ] [DRIVER_ABORT]: Driver_abort() called by PE
        0
 [ 12-11-2019  07:47:52.824 ] abort_message: [Eos] Unrecognized input mode
given to Eos

Keith