[FLASH-USERS] 1D LaserSlab Simulation

Acharya, Nitish nachary2 at ur.rochester.edu
Mon Jun 17 18:20:10 EDT 2019

Hi all,

I ran a 1D LaserSlab simulation and had my output in HDF5 format. The HDF5 file says I have nxb=16 (number of cells/blocks in x-dir), nyb=1, nzb=1 and globalNumBlocks=48 (I am looking at one time instant. globalNumberBlocks might vary in time). When I look at the density data I have a 16*1*1*48 (4D - single) array.  So basically I have 768 data points. However, I have no information of cells and only have coordinates of center of 48 blocks. I am not able to plot variables with cell position. How are these cells arranged in the block, how do I get the information of coordinates of each cell's center and their change in position with time?  Does anyone have experience in 1D simulation in Flash and Flash HDF5 output data analysis?

I would really appreciate the help. Let me know if I should provide further information.

Thanks,

Nitish

Nitish Acharya

Graduate Student