[FLASH-USERS] Total energy and Laser Deposition

Acharya, Nitish nachary2 at ur.rochester.edu
Tue Mar 5 14:02:46 EST 2019

Hi,

I've been working on a Laser Driven simulation for a while now. It's a case similar to the LaserSlab simulation. From what I understand, the total energy deposition from Laser at any time instant should equal the increase in total energy at that instant. I've this lasslab_LaserEnergyProfile.dat file that has information about energy deposition (in ergs) at each time step. However, since it's a 2D cylindrical domain, the total energy I get from the simulation is in ergs per some length. How do I take the azimuthal direction of the cylinder to account for the length factor to get the total energy? I Just wanted to look at the energy balance between total energy and laser deposition energy.

Thanks,

Nitish

Nitish Acharya

Graduate Student