[FLASH-USERS] Update to mpi_amr_redist_blk.F90 for HVECTOR call.

Joshua Wall joshua.e.wall at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 15:16:51 EST 2019

Hello Flash Users,

     I recently updated to OpenMPI 4.0, which has finally removed
MPI_TYPE_HVECTOR, replacing it with MPI_TYPE_CREATE_HVECTOR with the exact
same arguments. The only file affected in Flash (that I could find)
is mpi_amr_redist_blk.F90, which I changed out all the calls for on my
version (FLASH 4.5). Everything on my end is compiling and working so far,
so I thought I'd post it my updated version here in case anyone else runs
into the same issue. Based on my reading, any distro of MPI that is MPI 3.0
compliant should have the updated call for hvector, it was originally
introduced (and the old version deprecated) in OpenMPI in version 2.0. In
any case, if someone searches for this issue on flash-users (due to linking
errors like I was having) now this email will ping.

Note the version of the file I modified lives in:
source/Grid/GridMain/paramesh/paramesh4/Paramesh4dev/PM4_package/mpi_source

Cordially,

Joshua Wall

Doctoral Candidate
Department of Physics