[FLASH-USERS] SIGSEGV 174 error in Flash 4.5

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 18 14:22:20 EDT 2019

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019, Plechaty, Christopher wrote:

> The output I obtain for the openmpi/gcc combination contains the similar
> line (amr_1blk_cc_cp_remote.F90:356), and I must say that I am
> concerned. I hope that there is not something strange with my system.

> Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.
>
> Backtrace for this error:
> #0  0x2B77EADD4697
> #1  0x2B77EADD4CDE
> #2  0x2B77EBA832EF
> #3  0x4754F5 in amr_1blk_cc_cp_remote_ at amr_1blk_cc_cp_remote.F90:356
> #4  0x496AAB in amr_1blk_guardcell_srl_ at amr_1blk_guardcell_srl.F90:753

The fact that you get a segfault in the same place, with two different
compilers, makes it unlikely that this is a compiler problem...

The source of the copy assignment statement has (supposedly) just been
filled by MPI calls. I wonder whether that has something to do with
the problem. Are you somehow using the same MPI library with both
compilers?

In your initial message you wrote:

| I have been running the lasslab example (in 3D) which has been modified
| for my purposes.

What are the modifications?

Maybe if you share more information (including log file), something
suspicious will stand out.