[FLASH-USERS] Change boundary condition for restarted simulation

Ryan Farber rjfarber at umich.edu
Mon May 6 12:18:03 EDT 2019

Hi Norbert,

Which version of FLASH are you using? I'm using 4.2.2, which is rather old
but I have Grid_init.F90 call RuntimeParameters_get() for the boundary
types and it looks to me that Grid_init.F90 should do that whether or not
restarting. Also, Driver_initFlash.F90 calls Grid_init independent of
restarting. So, I haven't tested it on my end but I would expect what
you're trying to do to work for me.

If you're using a more recent FLASH version and things have changed then
you can "grep -in zl_boundary_type *.F90" in your object directory to see
where the code reads the value from flash.par and either modify that
subroutine to do it even if restarting or place a call to
RuntimeParameters_get() for the boundary types near the bottom of
Driver_initFlash.F90.

Best,
--------
Ryan