[FLASH-USERS] How to install FLASH4.6 in centOS

zdy0903 zdy0903 at stu.xjtu.edu.cn
Mon May 13 10:08:08 EDT 2019

Hi!

  Recently, we want to install FLASH4.6 and related application like mpich, HDF5, Hypre in centOS system. Before, we have successfully install it on Ubuntu system. However, after all the intallation, we meet several problems.

  Firstly, when excuting "make" process, we meet a warning like:

warning #10006: ignoring unknown option '-fdefault-real-8'

warning #10006: ignoring unknown option '-fdefault-double-8'

warning #10157: ignoring option '-W'; argument is of wrong type

  This is not shown on the installation process for ubuntu system. However, it can still “make” sucessfully. But when we excute mpich -np 2 ./flash4, there is problem like:

./flash4: symbol lookup error: ./flash4: undefined symbol: for__pthread_mutex_unlock_ptr

./flash4: symbol lookup error: ./flash4: undefined symbol: for__pthread_mutex_unlock_ptr

  And the process stop immediately.

  we use CentOS 6.1, mpich3.3 hypre-2.11.1 hdf5-1.8.17. Do you know how to solve this problem?

  Thank you very much!

Yours

Zhang