[FLASH-USERS] How to install FLASH4.6 in centOS

Ryan Farber rjfarber at umich.edu
Wed May 15 11:25:50 EDT 2019

Hi Zhang,

The fortran compiler is set by FCOMP in Makefile.h. For example, I have
FCOMP   = ${MPI_HOME}/bin/mpifort

and earlier I set MPI_HOME = /usr/local

Note that the mpi* compilers are really just wrappers of ifort or gfortran.
For example, I have:

[rjfarber at cepheus ~]$ /usr/local/bin/mpifort -v
ifort version 15.0.3

[rjfarber at cepheus ~]$ /usr/local/bin/mpif90 -v
ifort version 15.0.3

Note that ifort is intel's fortran compiler which should be best if you
have intel cores in your machine.
If you want to use gfortran, then you'll have to modify your MPI build, I
think. I did that a while ago to switch from gfotran to intel, and I don't
remember how it works exactly. Stackoverflow likely has some useful info,
though.

Best,
--------
Ryan