[FLASH-USERS] overwriting of snapshots

Eddie Hansen ehansen at flash.uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 12 16:54:37 EST 2019

Try adding the runtime parameter 'rolling_checkpoint' to your flash.par and
set it > 10000. The default value is 10000, which means the code will only
generate 10000 checkpoint files, and when it gets to the 10000th file
output it will reset back to 0 and start overwriting old checkpoint files.
The feature is intended to safeguard against using too much disk space, but
if this is not a concern for you then set it > 10000.

--
Eddie Hansen, PhD
Postdoctoral Scholar