[FLASH-USERS] How to set different refinement along different direction in 2D simulation

Zhang Daoyuan zdy0903 at stu.xjtu.edu.cn
Tue Oct 29 22:47:31 EDT 2019

Hi all!

 I am trying to set different refinement along different direction in 2D simulation. For example, I need 1000 cells in X direction and only 50 cells in Y direction. When I have set the "lrefine_min and lrefine_max" in flash.par, it seems that the total cell number is similar so that there will be about 1000 cells in Y direction. This will largely decrease the computational speed. What should I do to set different refinement along different direction for adaptive mesh refinement?

  Thank you very much!

Zhang