[FLASH-USERS] code generation via template files

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 4 14:02:17 EDT 2019

Hi,

I've run into some problems of late that seem to be related to switching
between FLASH versions 4.3 and 4.6. The particular issue is an error during
compilation:
eos_variableMap.F90(73): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and
must have an explicit type.   [EOSMAP_CV]
      eosmap_unk(EOSMAP_CV,0) = -1
-----------------^
The problem is related to Eos_map.h which lacks the definition of
EOSMAP_CV. This compilation was done using FLASH 4.3 which indeed lacks
EOSMAP_CV in the header file Eos_map.h, though FLASH 4.6 has it. So then
the question is, why does eos_variableMap.F90 refer to EOSMAP_CV? I believe
that it's generated via the template file eos_variableMap.F90.tpl under the
bin directory during setup.
So I have two questions:
1) How does the code get created from the template files?
2) Can anyone suggest a way that the other version of FLASH is somehow
influencing the current setup/compilation? I thought I'd removed all
references to 4.6 when I wanted to use 4.3 (to reproduce a simulation I did
previously) but somehow it appears that some trace of it must be left.
(I am using flmake, which I know is not supported, but it's worked for me
up until now.)

Thanks in advance for any help,
Jon

--
Jonathan D. Slavin
Astrophysicist - High Energy Astrophysics Division