[FLASH-USERS] Modified ideal gas EOS implementation

Acharya, Nitish nachary2 at ur.rochester.edu
Mon Apr 27 11:29:42 EDT 2020

Dear flash-users,

I am working on implementing a slightly modified version of ideal-gas EOS for laserslab problem. I have been able to implement the default ideal-gas EOS. The way i want it to modify is :

1) P_ion = rho_ion*R*T_ion/A - P_correction
    e_ion = R*T/(A*(gam-1)) + e_correction
   where P_correction and e_correction are some correction constants
   I would want to do similar correction to electron part as well.

2) I would want to compute sound speed using the pressure P = P_ion+ P_ele+P_rad + P_correction

My par file has :
                        eosMode : dens_ie_recal_gather
                        eosInitMode : dens_temp_gather

I am having hard time finding the locations within the eos routines where I make all these modifications. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Nitish

Nitish Acharya

PhD Student