[FLASH-USERS] [EXT] fixing layers

Eddie Hansen ehansen at pas.rochester.edu
Fri Aug 28 10:44:59 EDT 2020

In FLASH, we have BDRY_VAR to solve this issue. If you set certain cells
BDRY_VAR = 1.0, then the code will see these cells as "solid" and they
won't expand into a "vacuum" region. If you want to allow them to expand at
a later time, then you will have to make adjustments to BDRY_VAR in
Simulation_adjustEvolution.

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 9:15 AM Thibault Goudal <
thibault.goudal at u-bordeaux.fr> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> After fixing my mesh reconstruction, I've noticed that if I irradiate a
> single layer with a vaccum volume behind, there's some expansion in this
> vacuum before any shock breaks out.
> If I want to design an experiment with an initial solid target, I would
> like this material to be freezed. I discused with Hydra users and it came
> up that they use a special mode called "Quiet Start" to fix the solid
> materials but I don't know if we have such a tool on FLASH.
> Does anybody know how we could solve this issue?
>
> --
> Thibault Goudal
> PhD Student CEA
> CELIA CNRS UMR5107 laboratory