[FLASH-USERS] [EXT] fixing layers

Eddie Hansen ehansen at pas.rochester.edu
Fri Aug 28 11:48:58 EDT 2020

Not that I'm aware of, but it's fairly simple. First, in your simulation's
Config file, you'll want to make sure you have this line:

VARIABLE BDRY

Then in your Simulation_initBlock, within the do loops, whichever cells you
want to be "solid" you set solnData(BDRY_VAR,i,j,k) = 1.0, otherwise set
solnData(BDRY_VAR,i,j,k) = -1.0. You can then treat
Simulation_adjustEvolution the same way you treat Simulation_initBlock,
except you automatically have access to the current simulation time
(stime). Search through other simulation directories for examples of
Simulation_adjustEvolution. You can again set up do loops if you only want
to change BDRY_VAR for certain cells, or you could simply set everything
back to -1.0 at a certain time.

--
Eddie Hansen, PhD
Postdoctoral Associate