[FLASH-USERS] how to define boundaries of inflow

Antoine Gintrand antoine.gintrand at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 07:02:53 EST 2020

Dear flash users,

I would like to ask you a question regarding how to set up in a easy way
some boundaries of inflow for a simulation because I am a little confused
with the explanations in the user guide regarding adding his own
boundaries. My initial conditions are two counter propagating homogeneous
flows (for x< 0 with velocity V1>0 and for x>0 velocity V2<0). When I use
outflow boundaries conditions for my box the inflows of matter somehow
oscillates at some point.

So I would like to introduce better and proper condition of boundaries than
impose the inflows of constant velocity, density pressure, ... during the
whole simulation.

I tried to do so by taking the Grid_applyBCEdge.F90 from the windtunnel
test simulation
and added : REQUIRES Grid/GridBoundaryConditions/OneRow in the Config file
in my new simulation directory.

But when I modify the file I cannot see that the code is actually using
this file during the simulation. For example I could not see the prints I
wrote to see my modifications to the file.

Also, I am not even sure that this is the easiest and most clever way to
modify the boundaries to
do what I want.

Thank you so much for any advices or suggestions,

Best regards,

Antoine Gintrand