[FLASH-USERS] multispecies ionmix not found

Aodhan McIlvenny amcilvenny01 at qub.ac.uk
Thu Feb 13 01:52:55 EST 2020

Hi Marissa,

Great things are looking good so far. So far as I can see, the concept
of different ions breaks down as it is solved as a single fluid. So the
next step will likely need to be to go to the hybrid-PIC where the 2 ion
species could be computed separately in the electron fluid. I've used a
lot of PIC but in my current case it is far too computationally
expensive to look at these multi-species dynamics over such a long
time-scale at these temperatures. The documentation for the hybrid
section is quite difficult to understand, with the examples even harder.
Do yourself or any of your colleagues have experience setting up the
hybrid problem? The 2 species would be initialised as cold, no e-field,
no-b-field, just a target and energy deposition from a laser. For
example, I see no simple way of specifiying the ion position such as in
the laser-slab problem.

Sorry if I am spamming! But I appreciate the help.

All the best,

Aodhan