[FLASH-USERS] How Laser Break through the Target

Daniel Barnak barnakd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 07:48:27 EST 2020

Hello,

Jonathan Davies, Po-Yu Chang, and I have measured laser burn through of
plastic windows using both FLASH and our own in-house rad-hydro code DRACO.
Specifically, I want to address the idea that the disk undergoes uniform
expansion. This is correct in the model, however empirically has been shown
not to be the case. As a good check, it might be worth your while to read
the paper, simulate a plastic window that's a bit thicker, and compare to
our experimental results. It should give you a good idea as to the
limitation of the predictive capabilities of FLASH.

https://aip.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1063/1.5030107

Cheers,

Dan

Daniel Barnak