[FLASH-USERS] LaserSlab compilation

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Sat Jan 4 18:20:16 EST 2020

On Sat, 4 Jan 2020, Aodhan McIlvenny wrote:

> Sorry for the naivity of my message, I am only beginning to use FLASH. I am
> having an issue getting the laserslab example to run when running make. While
> the example appears to setup correctly, following up with make produces the
> attached error. I'd really appreciate if someone could point out my error. I
> also am attaching the Makefile I am using.

Your Makefile.h has different values for FFLAGS_HYPRE and CFLAGS_HYPRE.
As a result, your compilations of Fortran sources have

  -I/users/40082858/hypre/src

while your compilations of C sources have

  -I/users/40082858/hypre/src/include

on the command line.

Normally the include directories should be the same for Fortran and C, and
you will have to figure out which one is the correct location on your
system.

If you have further problems, you should let us know at least which
version of the HYPRE library is installed on your system, and how it was
compiled or installed.

Btw. I suggest you run make without any '-j' flags, at least while
debugging compilation problems. The compilation may take longer, but this
often makes it easier to spot which step is failing.