[FLASH-USERS] [EXTERNAL] Nonuniform Initial Temperature

Marissa B. P. Adams marissa at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 1 14:15:32 EDT 2020

Hi Nick!

That looks like what you’re probably going to have to do. I would recommend making a new directory in …/SimulationMain/ and copying over the necessary files you need to get LaserSlab to run (there are a multitude of flash.par files in there that are probably not necessary, for instance). Take a gander at Chapter 3 in the User Manual (http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/flash4_ug_4p61.pdf <http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/flash4_ug_4p61.pdf>), which has information on setting up your new problem.

From what it sounds like, you could probably get your profile from data in some sort of file format, like….  columns for {x,y,z} and the temperatures you need (keep in mind that FLASH has 3T capabilities so you can access the electron, ion, and radiation temperatures). You can then preform some sort of file I/O in the Simulation_initBlock.F90 to read in those values, etc.

That is how I’d start doing such a problem :) if you’re experimenting with different profiles based on experiments, you can even make the string for the file a runtime parameter so then you don’t need to make a new executable for each run!

Best,
Marissa