[FLASH-USERS] LaserSlab Segmentation Fault

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 2 13:48:25 EDT 2020

> I am running into segmentation fault when running the LaserSlab example in parallel. I already posted this problem a week ago and I conducted more tests to try to figure out where the issue might be coming from. My initial guess is that the segmentation might be happening when writing part the hdf5 files.

1. Make sure you don't have a problem with memory.
Set memory_stat_freq = 1 (or so) in the parfile,
and check the numbers in the log file whether memory
use grows significantly.

2. You still haven't shared the actual abort message
for standard output or error files.
You seem to run under a batch system. Are you sure that that
isn't killing your runs?

3. I see no indications that the abort is directly caused by HDF5 IO.
But you could try to setup with +noio (you may also have to add something
like --without-unit=.../LaserIO for +noio to take effect), and see
whether the code runs successfully.