[FLASH-USERS] Material EOS

Hartley, Nicholas J njh at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 8 12:50:54 EDT 2020

Dear all,

I've run the LaserSlab example and am finding that the results are very different from experiments and reference tables such as SESAME. I reduced the intensity to around 3 TW/cm2, to be closer to our experimental results, and FLASH predicts a pressure of ~30 GPa but a density of 9.6 g/cc - experimental data suggests that you need a pressure closer to 2 TPa to get such high compression. Have other people found the same issue, or is this a mistake in my setup?

Thanks,
Nick