[FLASH-USERS] gfortran and mpif.h

Kurt Williams kurt.williams at research.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jun 1 09:16:52 EDT 2020

Hello all,

Thank you in advance for your assistance - and apologies in if this has been answered before.

I've been having trouble configuring FLASH for my first use. I'm using the latest (stable) Fedora build and have installed mpich, hdf5, NetCDF and the GCC using the yum installer.

I have attempted to run the Sedov code as described in the documentation, but am having trouble when trying to make it. Apparently I'm missing a mpif.h file. Specifically I am getting the error:
$ make
rm -f reorder.sh
/usr/lib64/mpich/gfortran -ggdb -c -O2 -fdefault-real-8 -fdefault-double-8 -Wuninitialized  -DMAXBLOCKS=1000 -DNXB=8 -DNYB=8 -DNZB=1 -DN_DIM=2 local_tree.F90
local_tree.F90:185: Error: Can't open included file 'mpif.h'
make: *** [Makefile:116: local_tree.mod] Error 1

Trying to use "rpm -ql mpich" to find all the mpi files has turned up nothing referencing mpif.h or mpif90, and swapping gfortran for mpif90 in the makefile doesn't seem to fix it, either.

I have attached my makefile as a txt, in case it could shed light on the issue.

If anyone has any advice, I'd be extremely appreciative.

Thank you,
Kurt