[FLASH-USERS] gfortran and mpif.h

John.Hearns at dell.com John.Hearns at dell.com
Mon Jun 1 12:06:07 EDT 2020

Hello Kurt.
I am not an expert in Flash.
As Xingfu has said this is a problem related to the environment setup with mpich
Specifically it will be the INCLUDEDIR

But first have a look here:

https://fedora.pkgs.org/30/fedora-x86_64/mpich-3.2.1-9.fc30.i686.rpm.html

This build also include support for using the 'module environment' to select
which MPI implementation to use when multiple implementations are installed.
If you want MPICH support to be automatically loaded, you need to install the
mpich-autoload package.

I would learn about using the Modules environment.
All you have to do to set up the environment correctly if you use modules is
module load mpich
make

Actually that README does say that if you install mpich-autoload you will get it loaded automatically.
I would still use Modules though as it gives you flexibility to use different MPI implementations
https://pkgs.org/download/environment(modules)

Let me know if I can be of help with getting Modules installed.

In Redhat derived distros, and I think on Debian also, there is an 'mpi-selector' tool which I used
to swap between the installed MPIs. I would still use Modules though.