[FLASH-USERS] Adding Relativistic calculations to FLASH

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 18 12:19:34 EDT 2020

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020, akashi wrote:

> Hi,
> I wanted to ask about relativistic dynamics in FLASH. I have a jet with 0.5c
> (half the speed of light) so I assume I need to include relativistic
> calculations in FLASH.
> So what changes should I do/add?
>
> Are these enough? (in Config)
> REQUIRES physics/Hydro/HydroMain/split/RHD
> REQUIRES physics/Eos/EosMain/Gamma/RHD

Hello,

Yes, that should be enough to configure a simulation for using the
relativistic hydro implementation in FLASH 4.

There are two sample simulations for RHD that come with FLASH,

  Simulation/SimulationMain/RHD_Riemann2D
  Simulation/SimulationMain/RHD_Sod ,

which are also described in the User's Guide. Hopefully you can discover
more about how to configure FLASH for your problem by following
those examples.