[FLASH-USERS] LaserSlab Segmentation Fault

Kurt Williams kurt.williams at research.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jun 22 12:14:39 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the series of naïve questions - I really appreciate all your help. Especially Klaus for forwarding me the additional resources, they've been extremely helpful.

I am still having trouble running the LaserSlab experiment. At present, I am using the setup from the user's guide:
"./setup -auto LaserSlab -2d +cylindrical -nxb=16 -nyb=16 +hdf5typeio species=cham,targ +mtmmmt +laser +uhd3t +mgd mgd_meshgroups=6 -parfile=example.par"

Which seems to make just fine. But when it comes to running the flash4 executable, I run into segmentation faults. I have deleted an older mpich installation in case that was causing issues, but that doesn't seem to have fixed anything. Checking the FAQ - it suggests that this sometimes happens on IBM machines, but I'm running an intel, so that shouldn't be an issue.

The error seems to start when flash runs the gr_hypreSetupGrid.F90. I've attached the lasslab.log file, as well as commandline outputs for the make process (makelog.log), the running of the flash4 executable (flash4log.log) and my makefile in case they're of any use, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for all your help,
Kurt