[FLASH-USERS] Issues with MPI and meshreplication and rad-hydro problems

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 11 14:09:27 EDT 2020

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020, Nelson, Peter wrote:

>    I see some examples use solnData() to set the initial simulation
> variables.  Others use Grid_putPointData().  Is there a preferred method or
> issues with using one or the other than might be the issue?

You can use either method, I usually prefer the Grid_getBlkPtr / solnData
style, since it is more like the way solution data is accessed in many
other parts of the code, and the overhead of having many separate
subroutine call is avoided (but that is not really important for
initialization). This choice should not make a difference with regard
to the handling of mesh replication.