[FLASH-USERS] Calculation of gamc from tabulated EOS tables

Acharya, Nitish nachary2 at ur.rochester.edu
Fri May 8 16:54:37 EDT 2020

Dear flash-users,

How is gamc calculated from the tabulated EOS in FLASH? I figured gamc has pretty low values ~ 1.5 for most of the ionmix EOS tables i used  (I plotted it in Visit).

I am trying to model a stiff sphere inside Laserslab. I was thinking may be I can increase gamc to reduce compressibility of sphere material i.e increase thermal sound speed. Is there a way to modify gamc  for tabulated EOS materials in FLASH?

Thanks,
Nitish

Nitish Acharya

PhD Student