[FLASH-USERS] Output files

Ryan Farber rjfarber at umich.edu
Mon May 18 12:12:04 EDT 2020

Just a quick follow up on Marissa's terrific explanation which briefly
mentioned handling HDF5 outputs using VisIt, IDL, python, etc: I personally
recommend the python package yt. It makes processing FLASH simulations as
easy as

1) import yt
2) ds = yt.load("YOUR_HDF5_FILE")
3) ad = ds.all_data() # or subset of data if you prefer, many options
available
https://yt-project.org/

Best,
--------