[FLASH-USERS] Question about Simulation_AdjustEvolution

Raymond B Li raymondl at mit.edu
Fri Nov 6 21:14:57 EST 2020

Hi,

I'm using FLASH to simulate shock waves through water. I would like to change the temperature of a certain region of water to simulate a very short laser to generate shock waves.

I've been trying to use Simulation_adjustEvolution to change the temperature of the material in a certain region while the simulation is running. However, I'm not able to do so and I don't really know what the problem is.

I have attached a folder that contains the simulation code. In the file Simulation_adjustEvolution, on line 77, I am trying to change the temperature variable to a new value. Unfortunately, what happens is that the simulation does not change at all. Even more strangely, when I change TEMP_VAR to DENS_VAR, the simulation does change to the expected result. I have also tried using PRES_VAR, but PRES_VAR does not work. Do you know what could be causing this behavior? Also, is there a better way to change the value of a certain variable in a certain region?

I also tried changing the eosMode of the simulation in the example.par file (line 62) to "dens_temp", but that didn't seem to do anything either.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Raymond??

?