[FLASH-USERS] Flash not running in LaserSlab in parallel

David Blackman drblackman at eng.ucsd.edu
Thu Oct 8 16:43:08 EDT 2020

I've just had to learn how to compile it this morning as well. I don't
know what system you're on, but you either need to link to a HDF5
library that has been compiled specifically for parallel operation (for
me on the Stampede2 cluster I had to load phdf5 instead of hdf5), or
compile the HDF5 library with mpicc instead of gcc, or whatever compiler
it is you use. There are specific instructions on the HDF5 website for
compiling with MPI-I/O. https://support.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/PHDF5/

Good luck!