[FLASH-USERS] How to get the physical coordinates of the mesh in simulation_adjustEvolution.F90

Victorien Bouffetier victorien.bouffetier at u-bordeaux.fr
Tue Sep 8 07:45:27 EDT 2020

Hi everyone!

I would need to have acces to the physical coordinates of the mesh in the file Simulation_adjustEvolution.F90, but I don't know how to do so. I have been trying to get the physical coodinates using Grid_getCellCoords(...), but it keeps crashing.

here is the piece of codes which fails. It shows no problem at the compilation but crashes while executing the code when entering the do procedure.

do lb = 1, blkcnt
call Grid_getBlkIndexLimits(blklst(lb),blkLimits,blkLimitsGC)
call Grid_getBlkPtr(blklst(lb), blkPtr)

do j = blkLimits(LOW,JAXIS), blkLimits(HIGH,JAXIS)

allocate(yCoord(blkLimitsGC(HIGH,JAXIS)))
call Grid_getCellCoords(JAXIS, blockID,CENTER,gcell,yCoord, blkLimitsGC(HIGH,JAXIS))

if (yCoord(j)<=y_threshold) then

end if
end do
end do

When the code crashes it returns this error pointing at the line where I have the Grid_getCellCoords(...).

Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.

So my questions are:
_ Am I using the right subroutine to get the physical coordinates?
_ Do you have any idea of why it says me 'invalid memory reference' while my variables and subroutine are declared?

Thank you so much for your patience and attention,

Best regards,

Victorien Bouffetier
phd student
Centre Lasers Intenses et Applications