[FLASH-USERS] Computed hydro dt is not positive

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Thu Sep 17 14:34:06 EDT 2020

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020, Acharya, Nitish wrote:

> I have been applying the analytical ideal gas EOS to simulate my
> material for a LaserSlab based problem. Recently, instead of using an
> equation, I used the same ideal gas model and built a tabulated IONMIX
> EOS. However, as I use the tabulated EOS for the simulation, I've been
> repeatedly getting an error during driver initialization

FLASH should generate a file EOS_printout_tables.txt when it starts up.
The first thing I would do is carefully check that file:

*  Do all the data make sense?
*  Are all values positive that physically should be positive
   (energies, pressures)?
*  Are all pressures and energies monotonically increasing with increasing
   temperature?
*  You should have a nonzero Z(T,density) function (shown under the
   heading IONIZATION DATA in the printout file); it should be constant
   if your EOS table file is meant to exactly represent a (3T) Gamma Eos.